CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, November 14, 2008

Finally!!

We finally heard from Elder Mauzy! We thought he had been transferred to some remote part of the Philippines where they don't have interenet so we were expecting a letter in the mail in about 2 months but we heard from him this week! He is doing great! Him and his companion have been working with a man named Izhar who was baptized last week. Trev was so excited he could baptize him before his transfer. He is being transfered this week. Elder Mauzy has grown so much and I thought I would copy a little of his letter to share with all of you!

"I am so happy to be a missionary. I know that missionary work is true. I have a strong testimony of this gospel. I know that this is the only ture church on the whole earth with all my heart. I truly know that through the restored gospel we are able to be forgiven and by living the gospel and coming unto christ we will be able to have joy in our lives that we never knew existed. I have learned from my mission that true happiness comes from serving others. By thinking of others, instead of yourself. That other people's happiness is what makes you happy. True happiness comes from loving others. I know that this is true. I am forever greatful for the savior and for this opportunity to serve him. Well I am doing just fine. I am happy. Dont worry about me. I am sad to leave my area, and my companion, but I am also excited for my new area, and new companion. I will let you know all about it. And I will take lots of pictures. I love you all so much. I think about you every day."

We miss him so much but we are so proud of him!

0 comments: